A few words to my muse

Listen carefully – I have something to tell you

When my heart is aching because I can’t sit at my desk and write, don’t berate me for tipping the chook’s water and damaging my spine. Don’t tell me I should have known better. Tell me to think about what Maria said. What is the invitation in this for you? This is what I think the invitation is. It’s to slow down. It’s not to feel guilty doing nothing. Nothing. It’s to stand still in one spot and feel the grass between my toes – then marvel that the knot in the tree I’ve been gazing at is a tawny frogmouth. It’s to watch the clouds move past overhead with no other thought in my head except clouds. It’s to sit by myself in a café – close to the window – and pretend that everyone who walks by is a movie star. Even the fat woman in the pink track pants and the tee-shirt that doesn’t match. It’s to turn the music up so loud the bass thumps in my chest then dance into every room in the house like I was Tina Turner. Remind me of what Maria said everyday. And if I forget, remind me again. Remind me a hundred times a day. What is the invitation in this for you? I think it is to focus. It’s to focus on one thing at a time. Stand in my way – grab me by the shirt collar – wave a great big red flag in my face when my world begins to whirl into a blur of obscurities. When the colour spins out of my existence and all I am left with is white – remind me of what Maria said.

If my heart must ache, let it ache and long for the sacred gift of being able to live in the present moment.

Comments

Cattyrox said…
Hey - great post, Carole - well done!!
Artisan Retreat said…
I love your 'peg disorder', Carole. This is so beautifully written. Thanks for introducing me to the World of Blogging!
- ft

Popular posts from this blog

To the land of daffodils and roses

Black Saturday

Sleeping Beauty