Wish List

I want:

to plant the freesia bulbs that have been in a packet by the back door for over a year

read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and all the other books underneath it on the pile by my bed

write to my sponsor child and send her a photo of our family

make moussaka

invite my neighbours to dinner

write a song with a blues feel

drive to the beach on a week day and have a midweek day off

spend all day at the State Library and come home with a short story and poem

sew some braid onto the bottom of my khaki cords that are too short

have a massive blog read catch-up

do pilates

go swimming

pop in on my Dad for a surprise visit and take him out for morning tea

go for a bike ride in Warburton

brush the cat and the dog and the rabbit

work up a song with my teenagers that we can perform somewhere

phone about five friends who are in danger of forgetting who I am and arrange to meet for coffee

read right through my Nortons Poetry Anthology

meditate

do some stream-of-consciousness writing everyday for two weeks and see what happens

write a Paris inspired poem

buy a bottle of pickled onions and to hell with bad breath

clean my kitchen windows

make some ear wires so I can have fun mixing and matching beads for earrings

systematically work through my French verb book

spend a day at the courts

take my laptop to a cafe in the Dandenongs and write for a morning

read the whole paper

spend a whole day in bed reading, listening to Radio National and my ipod without being sick (wording definitely sus!)

plan out my next book

learn Microsoft Excel

learn Photoshop

sleep

Comments

Lisa said…
This is an inspiring list Carole -- how many have you crossed off?
Lisa

Popular posts from this blog

To the land of daffodils and roses

Black Saturday

Sleeping Beauty