An ordinary day


Today, before my shower, I

vacuumed and dusted the whole house taking advantage of night-owl teenager sleeping elsewhere

swept balcony and installed new outdoor setting

disposed of old outdoor setting

pruned overhanging plants beside balcony

ate breakfast at new outdoor setting on balcony

washed, ironed and put away clothes for four people

potted new plants in hanging baskets

re-organised fernery to accommodate new hanging baskets

watered garden

read and answered emails and cleaned out inbox

wrote book review

completed Pilates exercises and

walked dog.

It was the best day. I loved all of it. No shower (a scheduled swim didn’t eventuate), no make-up, no deadlines (Okay, the truth: one deadline – but the review was straightforward and the words, bless them, rolled out from under my fingers like silk). The day was relaxed and dreamy. Unhurried. With time for thinking.

Such an ordinary day.

I want more days like these.

There – my New Year’s resolution.

More ordinary days.

With time for thinking.

And dreaming.

Comments

Patent Attorney said…
I really like this, people always seem to want the extraordinary and never truly appreciate the ordinary days that shape their life.

Popular posts from this blog

To the land of daffodils and roses

Black Saturday

Adventure in a water park? Not today!