A Good Start

Guess what? My blog post ‘Burnout - what’s that?’ (March 2009) has been accepted for inclusion in Miscellaneous Voices: Australian Blog Writing # 1, a new anthology edited by Karen Andrews. How exciting is that?!

The official release date is April 1st, 2010.

The book launch will be on Wednesday 14th April at Readings Bookshop, 309 Lygon St, Carlton, Melbourne from 6-8pm.

AND

Dog Gone, my children’s novel, won the $3000 BPA Print Group/Box Hill Institute Publication Assistance Award at the end of 2009. That means it will be published by Avant Press and will be out sometime later this year. Check in for updates!

Mmm. A good start to the year.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations Carole - what a double banger!

I've just finished reading American Journeys by Don Watson (Weasel Words). He referenced Cormac McCarthy a number of times - a challenging writer?

Garry N
Sheryl Gwyther said…
Hey, that's great news, Carole! I'm so happy for you - remember when you were telling me about the story when we were in Myers looking for a singlet(?) LOL.
Good on you for never giving up!! :)
Carole Poustie said…
I finished reading The Road the other night. Phew. What a book - so dismal and sad, but thorougly engaging and beautifully written. I've been waiting to read it for ages, having heard so much about it. I wanted to read it just before seeing the movie. Boy, am I going to have to steel myself to see that movie!
Carole Poustie said…
Sheryl - I'll always remember looking for your singlet! And our lunch in Myers. Thanks for your encouragement!
Minotaur said…
Well done Carole, I am both happy and envious at the same time. I shall be gatecrashing your launch, much like I did for Lucienne.

Yes, The Road is a really big read. Did things I'd never seen before. Freaky and brilliant. Also, I got rejected by TransitLounge, but they said my sample read very well.

On a sidenote, one of the big agents in Sydney's giving my opening a look over. Many fingers are crossed, are yours.

WELL DONE AGAIN!

Popular posts from this blog

To the land of daffodils and roses

Black Saturday

The Examen